To the Ecclesiastical Consistory of Alaska
With the blessing of the Most-holy Governing Synod, on February 17 of this year of 1888 I appointed the following persons to serve in the Alaskan Diocese:
1) Hieromonk George will replace Fr. Nicholas Mitropolsky as the second priest of St. Alexander Nevsky Church in San Francisco, and Fr. N. Mitropolsky is assigned an acting missionary in Kenai until a final decision is taken in April of this year.
2) Priest Nicholas Diakov is appointed at the wages of a subdeacon.
3) Deacon Alexander Martysh is appointed at the wages of a subdeacon.
4) Deacon John Kryuchkov is appointed at the wages of first reader at St. Alexander Nevsky Church in San Francisco.
5) A graduate of St. Petersburg Theological Academy, Nicholas Greenkevich, is appointed to the position of the second reader at the same church.
6) A former student of Kholm Seminary, Alexander Yaroshevich, is appointed a reader of the Sitka church beginning March 1.
Taking into consideration that all these persons are appointed to vacant positions, I propose that the Ecclesiastical Consistory of Alaska pay them the salary in accordance with their positions beginning on 17 February 1888 to: Hieromonk George, Priest N. Diakov, Deacons Martysh and Kryuchkov, Nicholas Greenkevich; beginning on 1 March to Alexander Yaroshevich; and on 1 April of this year of 1888 to Priest Nicholas Mitropolsky.
Vladimir, Bishop of Aleutian Islands and Alaska
April 14th 1888, San Francisco
Translated from Russian and first published in Holy Trinity Cathedral LIFE, Vol. 4, No. 8, April 1997