From the San Francisco Directory for 1870
Place of worship, 504 Greenwich street; Rev. Nicolas Kovrigin, Pastor.
A society was incorporated under the title of the Greek Russian Slavonian Orthodox Eastern Church on the second of September, 1867, the objects of which are "to have a church wherein will be held on Sundays and other holidays religious services according to the ritual of the Orthodox Eastern Church, to care for its sick members and bury its dead."
Officers. M. Klinkofstrom, President; Charles Baum, Secretary. (See Religious Societies.) [Page 823]
GREEK RUSSIAN SLAVONIAN ORTHODOX EASTERN CHURCH AND BENEVOLENT SOCIETY. Organized December 2d, 1857. Chapel 504 Greenwich Street. Rev. Father Nicholas Kovrigin, Pastor.
The objects of the society are to have a church wherein will be held on Sundays and other holidays religious services according to the ritual of the Orthodox Eastern Church, and to care of its sick members and bury its dead.
Officers. Martin Klinkofstrom, Russian Consul, President; John Franetta and Nicholas Dabovich, Vice-Presidents; Charles Baum, Secretary; Samuel Martinovich, Elia Chielovich, Michael Cheriasis, John Constantine, George Lazarovich, Edward Radovich, Nicholas Ross, Dmitri Kortazzi, Peter Buccanovich, Gabriel Costodia, and J. Wallace, Trustees. [Page 824]