The San Francisco City Directory, 1879-80
Place of worship, Greenwich street, between Stockton and Dupont. Rev. W. N. Westhomoff, Archpriest; residence, 829 Greenwich street. Rev. J. Herman, Missionary Priest; residence, 1311 Taylor street.
Services every Sunday at ten oclock A.M., and Saturday at six oclock P.M.
There is a school in connection with the church held every day during the week except Sunday, for the instruction of children in religion and preparing them for the church. [p. 1109]
RUSSIAN REPUBLICAN BENEVOLENT SOCIETY (Decembrist). A secret organization, intended for the propagation of Republican principles among Russians here and in the Russian Empire. It excludes all who favor autocracy or servilely bent to the edicts of the church. Its benevolence is confined exclusively to political refugees. It dies not in any way interfere with American politics or the enlightened systems of religion prevailing in this country. Head office (undivulged). Branch organized in San Francisco, December 14, 1867.
Agapius Honcharenko, Secretary. Office, Ukraina (Russian settlement); address, Hayward, Alameda Co. California. [p. 1119]
SLAVONIC ILLYRIC MUTUAL BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION. Organized November 17, 1857. Incorporated April 1, 1873. Number of members, one hundred and twenty-two. Meets first Tuesday of each month at 302 Davis street. The objects of this society are mutual assistance in case of sickness, and to bury its dead.
Officers. M. Matich, President; D. Menyuia, Vice-President; M. L. Tomasevich, Secretary; S Martinovich, Treasurer. [p. 1120]
Herrman, priest Orthodox Russian Church, r. 1311 Tyler
Kovregin, Nicholas, Russo Greek Church, r. 1141 Union
Nestor, bishop Russian Orthodox Church, r. 1311 Tylor
Westhomoff Wladimir, arch priest Russian Church, r. 829 Greenwich [p. 995]